Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's Beginning to Feel A Lot Like Christmas

My favorite little branch that gets decorated for many holidays

Well well, I'm finally feeling caught up enough to actually write a blog post. The house is relatively organized, the tree is decked out and my favorite part of decorating--creating tablescapes (with found objects of course)-- is done. Both kids are safely home from college, gifts are about to be wrapped and there are a whole five days left before Christmas, hopefully just enough to savor the season and process whatever last minute work comes our way this week.

Tarnished silver (another of my favorites) and sea glass

I'm reflecting on the past year and anticipating the coming year. Although I didn't make as much artwork as I might have liked in 2010, I feel that I worked through some blockages stemming mostly from what happens to my work once it has been created. I intend to keep focusing on making my art--if people don't "get" it, so be it. There are enough people who do, and let's be honest, if you're not doing illustration work, many non art oriented people won't.

Pink and gold, so I'm girly!

January is the month I'm going to finish getting organized (yes, I've been de-cluttering pretty seriously for the past couple months). February is the month I'm going to get uber-organized--that sounds sort of scary! I hope this organizational effort is going to apply to getting some serious marketing going too, but the I'm going to wait for clarity on that one as I see where my work goes at the beginning of 2011. I have several new projects in mind...


Wishing a wonderful, serene, happy and bright holiday season to all,
xoxo Deborah

Merry Christmas and Happy Solstice!

4 comments:

  1. nice to see your world :) glad you are feeling caught up and i hope you have a good week and a wonderful christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! A girl after my own heart, though I am limited with what I can decorate with due to my 3 year old kitten :-), he is a bit of a monster. As for what you said about marketing your work, I am a bit at a loss with what to do with mine too, very time consuming and so far has not paid off for me, I like the idea of being discovered, don't you :-). Happy, happy Holidays! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, thanks for the good thoughts. I wish you a good week as well :-)Can't wait to see your prototype!

    Annie, glad you like my decor. I also know what an active climbing pet can do! Let's hope 2011 will be our marketing year...or our discovery year!

    Hope everyone's holidays are wondrous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear the necklace arrived in one piece and that you like it...Happy Holidays, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete