Saturday, April 3, 2010

A New Direction

"Boro Tree" found object assemblage, 12" x 3"x 3", 2010

"Woman" found object assemblage, 11" x 3" x 3", 2010

Yesterday I heard that two of my most recent works have been accepted into a pretty competitive juried show in the Mid-Atlantic. As someone a little mystified by the jurying process, I'm wondering how these jurors know when something is brand new, as in, if it had been a painting it wouldn't have been dry yet. Almost like when your mom seemed to have eyes in the back of her head and always for your own good...

Anyway I'm very pleased and encouraged to keep working in this direction. Making assemblages is what I really love, just combining things. The only problem is that it takes a lot of stuff to be able to pick and choose from when an idea strikes. Since I adore going to any kind of estate, yard or tag sale, this is perfect for me on the surface. However it's a little bit love/hate once I get my treasures home since I have more of a zen esthetic when it comes to home decor. My house isn't very minimalist as we have far too much stuff for that. But I can dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment