Monday, October 24, 2011

More Rome



First four images are of the Pantheon and the last pic is in the Ghetto.

Ideas from what I saw in Rome are starting to percolate down. It has taken me a few weeks to get out of sponge mode (brain wiped clean of any thought or inspiration and simply absorbing) and back into a frame of mind where it even seemed possible to try to make something informed by the huge repository of human genius and history that is literally everywhere there.


Culture Clash, 4" x 3", found objects, wire and clay 
© Deborah Jaouen

I'm planning some other sculptures dealing with the meeting/confrontation of old and new, expanding on an idea I've been working with for the past couple of years.

Thanks to the newest followers of this blog and to everyone else for reading--I  really appreciate hearing from you. Your comments are wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. Your assemblage is fascinating, Deborah. I look forward to seeing more of this series. -sus

    ReplyDelete